May is National Moving Month and it kicks off the busiest moving season of the year: residential moving season. When most people think summer, they think sun, sand and long days at the pool, not moving. However, more than half of relocations made annually occur between May and September. That means this is also the busiest time of year for Miami movers.
Why does May signal the opening of the busiest time of year for movers? Kids are getting out of school, which means that parents can move without disturbing their child’s school year. The real estate market operates on a warm weather cycle with the highest number of homes being available in spring – this is also in large part due to the school year. Additionally, the military uses the summer months to move personnel around.
Plan Your Move Early
If you plan on moving during the busy summer moving season, you need to choose a mover carefully and with several considerations in mind.
- It is important to plan long before you plan on moving. Miami movers are booked months in advance, so when you select your ideal moving company, it’s important to book as early as possible.
- Try to book mid-month and/or mid-week as these times often result in a lower price and fresh crews. Weekends are by far the busiest time for moving companies in Miami.
- Watch out for rogue movers who are not licensed or insured, and who prey on families that are desperate to relocate during the summer.
Choosing the Right Miami Moving Company
To steer clear of scammers, you need to be on the lookout for the three following red-flags:
- There is no physical address or phone number, simply a “Contact Us” feature.
- You are quoted a price that seems way too good to be true. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Check for a federal motor coach (MC) number, but know that sometimes disreputable movers will use an MC that doesn’t match any searchable databases, such as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s website.
Work with the premiere Miami residential moving company by selecting A-1 Fargo Van & Storage! We are an affiliate of AAA, are an active member of the American Moving & Storage Association and have achieved ProMover status with the AMSA, as well as receiving high marks and excellent moving company reviews by consumers.
Planning your summer relocation? Call A-1 Fargo today to learn more about how our services can benefit you, or fill out our quick online form to get started on your summer move today!
Subscribe to American Fargo's Blog