Choosing a mover can be an overwhelming process, but understanding what makes a good moving company is a good place to start. One of the titles you’ll come across when researching moving and storage companies is “ProMover.”
In fact, American Fargo Moving & Storage is a ProMover ourselves! That said, our moving team wanted to help you understand what the ProMover status means, so you can make the most informed decision about your upcoming relocation!
What is a ProMover?
Before you can know why you should hire a ProMover for your upcoming move, it’s important to know what a ProMover is in the first place! Quite simply, ProMover is a certification program ran by the American Trucking Association (ATA) Moving & Storage Conference. At its core, ProMover status shows that a moving company is a reputable one with a proven successful track record.
To become a ProMover, you have to agree to the higher ethics in the industry, provide proof of legitimate service for 18 months under a corporate name, verify that your company is in good standing with the state, and abide by the ATA Moving & Storage Conference Code of Ethics.
Moreover, you have to adhere to the following standards:
- Abide by the 110% Rule for Collections
- Acknowledge Claims within 30 Days & File Disposition within 120
- Advertise Fair & Accurately
- Arbitrate Disputes of $10,000 or Less Under the National Arbitration Forum Program
- Make Reasonable Efforts to Fulfil Service Arrangements
- Not Have Outstanding Complaints in the ATA Consumer Database
- Prepare Descriptive Inventory
- Provide Liability Information Pre-Move
- Provide Accurate Estimates of Costs
- Use a Certified Scale for Weighted Shipments
Why Should You Work with a ProMover Over Everyone Else?
By choosing to hire a ProMover for your upcoming move, you’re basically ensuring your peace of mind that you’re working with a trustworthy company that follows industry standards and stays up to date on best practices for successful relocations.
Get in Touch with Our Miami Movers to Start Planning Your Relocation Today
As a ProMover ourselves, American Fargo Moving & Storage is proud to offer trustworthy services to each and every one of our customers—no matter how far they’re headed! Moreover, we’re an Atlas Van Lines agent and a fully licensed and insured moving and storage company.
That said, you can count on us to have the skills and resources to make your upcoming move a breeze from start to finish. Our services encompass:
- Residential Moves
- Commercial & Office Moves
- Local & Long-Distance Relocations
- International Relocations
- Short- & Long-Term Storage
- Moving Logistics Services
Give us a call or use our online form to start your move with a free in-home appointment and quote from our team today!
Subscribe to American Fargo's Blog