5 Tips for a Hassle-Free International Move
If it’s time for you to head abroad, whether for family or your career, you’ll want to take time to seriously consider the moving process. Get started with these simple tips and your international move will be off to a great start.
- Do Your Research: Knowledge is power when it comes to planning an international move. Whether you have your new job secured or are looking to make a big change in your life, you have a lot to learn about your new city. Researching topics including living conditions, language, economy, visa requirements, employment opportunities, local currency, culture, and tradition will be helpful for making your move a smooth process. In addition to researching the area you are moving to you’ll also want to research international movers to make your move as stress-free as possible.
- Start Saving: It is possible to make your international move happen on a budget, but you’ll also want to be prepared for the costs associated with overseas shipping. There are time and cost differences between shipping by sea and by air that must be considered when you choose your moving options. You can pick the shipping option that works best for your budget and timeline, but either way you’ll want to have a good amount of buffer saved up to help make you move less stressful.
- A Lesson in Minimalism: Since shipping all of your belongings can be costly, you’ll want to consider selling any unnecessary items so that you have to move only the essentials. Make sure to organize, declutter, and sell what you can to reduce how much you move and help earn additional cash. Prioritize keeping essential documents and items that can’t be replaced, like those with sentimental value.
- Create a Plan: When you’re moving abroad, “winging it” isn’t going to work for finding a job or securing housing. Creating a thorough moving plan, including securing a job and finding permanent or temporary housing can make the entire moving process go much more smoothly. Incorporating buying your airline tickets into your plan can help reduce costs since international tickets are the cheapest about 2 months prior to the trip.
- Choose Qualified Professionals: Choosing an international moving company is a little more complex than choosing local Miami movers. You’ll want to make sure that your international movers have the network and experience to help you through every step of the moving process. Your international movers should offer customs clearance, door-to-door service, a single point of contact, and multiple shipping options.
Expert International Moving Solutions
If you’re ready to start the process of moving internationally, you need the proven experience of American Fargo. Our team has helped hundreds of customers successfully move abroad. We have budget friendly, customizable services to make your international relocation as smooth as possible.
Give us a call today or fill out our simple online form to request your free, in-home consultation and estimate of moving costs.